Chopping Board HDPE NSF Certified 12 x 18 x 1 Grey
- Our Cutting Boards are made of Super High Density Polyethylene Plastic.
- The plastic cutting boards are Commercial Dishwasher Safe, including the spike temp that exceeds 185°.
- The cutting boards are stain resistant, warp resistant, non-absorbent and resistant to bending, chipping and cracking.
- They are the most dense board you can buy that will not dull your knives.
- They are FDA, NSF approved .
A cutting board (or chopping board) is a durable board on which to place material for cutting. The kitchen cutting board is commonly used in preparing food; other types exist for cutting raw materials such as leather or plastic. Kitchen cutting boards are often made of wood or plastic and come in various widths and sizes. There are also cutting boards made of glass, steel, or marble, which are easier to clean than wooden or plastic ones such as nylon or corian, but tend to damage knives due to their hardness. Rough cutting edges—such as serrated knives—abrade and damage a cutting surface more rapidly than do smooth cutting implements.
Preventing cross contamination of food
Bacteria or allergens can easily be transmitted from one part of the kitchen to another or from one food to another via knives, hands, or surfaces such as chopping boards. To reduce the chance of this it is advised to use separate boards for different types of food such as raw meat, cooked meat, dairy and vegetables. Many professional kitchens follow this standard colour-coding system:
- Blue cutting boards: raw seafood.
- Red cutting boards: raw red meat.
- Green cutting boards: vegetables and fruits.
- Yellow cutting boards: poultry
- Brown cutting boards: cooked meat
- White cutting boards: dairy and breads (also for universal if no other board is available.)
Care of boards
Regardless of the material, regular maintenance of a cutting board is important. A very diluted bleach solution is best for disinfecting cutting boards. To remove odors, the board can be rinsed and then rubbed with coarse salt and left to stand for several minutes before being wiped and rinsed clean. In a wooden board, this procedure will also smooth out minor imperfections on the surface.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.